Racks and cabinets are 19" sheet metal enclosures
for storing and protection, mostly for PCs as well as other devices. They can be either floor mounting or wall mounting
and are used mainly in office and industry environment where there is need for strong, secure and sturdy structures. There are options for air ventilation or active cooling by fan units
. These enclosures
can be used for data center solutions, for network, server, telecommunication and fiber applications, as outdoor and industry enclosures.
The equipment inside is mounted on four mounting support columns. Each column has holes for the placing of cage nuts.
The two sides of the cage nut can be pressed in order to fit into the supporting columns holes. When released they hold the nut in position. Cage nuts of 6mm diameter (M6) can hold medium and light devices, like power strips
, while 8mm diameter (M8) nuts can hold heavy equipment.
There are two basic ways to mount a device in a rack:
- By directly screwing it into the supporting columns (for 19" devices) or
- By placing it on a rack mount shelf (for PCs, UPS etc)
Front and side doors are made from sheet metal or steel, in case of server enclosures
. Rear and side doors are lockable and removable for full access to the internal equipment and cable bundles. Additionally, side doors can be removed in order to place the cabinets side by side and form a data center.
Racks and cabinets are described by their width, depth and height. Apart from height, width and depth are measured in millimeters. Height is measured in U.
The conversion between U and millimeter is calculated by the formula:
Height(U) = Height(mm) / 44.45 mm
Floor mounting cabinets
Alfaphonet offers Universal line, ServerMAX and several other solutions both rugged and aesthetic:
- Universal line – These free standing enclosures can be deployed in the most demanding office environments. Universal line are an exceptionally rugged and strong cabinet which can be used for network, technology and electronic applications. They are available in the following dimensions: 600x400, 600x600, 600x800, 600x1000, 800x800, 800x1000 from 16 to 47 U in height.
- ServerMAX – The serverMAX server solutions are high quality rigid and robust steel cabinets with high load capacity. They are compatible with multi vendor servers and have efficient passive air ventilation and provide security from unauthorized access. They are available in 600x1000, 800x1000 and 26 to 47 U
Wall mounting cabinets
These enclosures are wall mounting
economical solutions for cable management, network distribution and placement of power strips, PDU
and other energy equipment. They can be used in
- Computer aided classes
- Government offices
- Branch offices
IP55 industrial enclosures
Cabinets of international protection rating (IP55
) are sturdy structures, protected against dust which interferes with the normal operation of the equipment and water jets sprayed from any direction. They can be free – standing with front glass or metal door or wall mounting.
Rack accessories cover a wide area of solutions for both floor and wall mounting cabinets:
- Cable management: The correctly arranged cables make the cabinet more functional and the inside access more easy. There are panels for horizontal or vertical cable management and are suitable for all 19" applications.
- Castor group/plinths: Cabinets can be supported on heavy duty and lockable castors or plinths which can adjust the height of rack by 100mm. Additionaly they can be used for cable management and storage of cable bundles.
- Power distribution units (PDU
): PDU have from 6 to 18 sockets of schuko or IEC 320 type and are protected from overvoltages and interferences.
- Air removal/cooling fan units
: These units are connected via IEC 320 connection and used to cool the equipment inside the enclosures. They are enabled manually by on/off switch or automatically by thermostat which is activated above 35 degrees.