The MPO cabling system, due to its modularity, offers installers and operators reduced time and effort for installations, modification and maintenance of a structured communication cabling for today's and future demands of data centers. The MPO connector, besides the LC FO interface, is the first choise for ITS (Information Telecomunication System) in tomorrow's bandwidth hungry, high speed applications for commercial buildings and data centers. It can be used either for parallel optics applications such as infiband with data rates up to 120Gb/s and for upcoming 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet protocols via multimode OM3, OM4 and OS2 fiber. The MPO houses several fibers in one single high precision ferrule that can be either PC or APC polished with a typical insertion loss of 0.25dB, return loss of >60dB for singlemode and insertion loss of 0.2dB, return loss >30dB for multimode.
1. Pre-connectorized assemblies – Pre-connectorized MPO assemblies for reduced installation time with plug & play functionality
2. Optimized air circulation – Ribbon cable MPO patch cords, FanOuts and Harness with a reduced cable diameter consuming less space in cable ducts, conduits and path ways for optimized air circulation in raised floors.
3. Fast installation – Easy moves, adds and changes thanks to scalability and modularity of the product design for reduced down-times and faster installation.
4. Polarity A – In order to offer users the migration path from 10Gb/s to 40Gb/s the MPO series refers to polarity A
5. High performance and quality – Factory-assembled with measurement report for high, enduring reliability and performance.
The MPO cabling system product range includes: